Friday 19 March 2010

Construction of the Production - Filming + Editing

1st Filming day - Friday 19th March (11:00-12:30)
My group and I started to film on Friday, during our media lesson. We wanted to film the scene, where the police officer was knocking on the door. Also the chase between Sara and the police, but could not, as it was raining. We did not want to shoot in the rain because the other scenes would be sunny. The film will look unusual if the weather is different in certain scenes. Instead we filmed Sara (Me getting changed). I brushed my hair and put on my bangles, the phone rang I picked it up, then I ran to the window, then started to look for my package. Then we filmed me running down the stairs. I am quite happy, we did quite a bit of filming. We then went back to school and loaded the footage. Hopefully If the weather is sunny tomorrow, we are going to shoot the chase between the police officer and Sara.


2nd Filming day - Monday 22nd March (13:00-15:00)
It was sunny today! So my group and I went to Paul's house and filmed him knocking on the door - he was the police officer. Also we filmed me running into the garden, and climbing over the fence into an alleyway.
We filmed the car scene today, the car pulled up and I got in, then the car drives down the road, finally you see me being pulled out of the car dead.We filmed the car scene today, the car pulled up and I got in, then the car drives down the road, finally you see me being pulled out of the car dead.

Finally we have finished filming. Now all we have to do is the editing.

1st Editing - Wednesday 24th March (13:00-15:00) My 1st time editing!

Patience was ill so I did most of the editing. I did the titles at the beginning, and imported the scenes and placed them in order, then from the imported clips, I deleted the parts that we did not need. Today was the first time I edited clips, Patience is more experienced with the Imac computers, since she was absent I had to edit, I did not want to waste any valuable time as the deadline is creeping up. I am very proud of myself, I have finally mastered how to edit! It seems easy and quick but it is not. It took me 2 hours to cut and put the scenes together.


2nd Editing day of our film - Friday 26th March (10:30-1:30)
Patience is back! She was feeling a lot better so she the transitions, from the title there was a fade in, many dissolves and overlaps were added. When the car is speeding down, Paul suggested from that point onwards, it should be in black and white, as it is the most significant part of the scene. However I did not think it was apporpriate, becuase black and white images are supposed to be in flashbacks or anything to do with the past.
We added music aswell from freeplay music, we included our non-diegetic sounds as well (police knocking on the door and the car speading up). I wanted to have a variety of non-diegetic sounds and diegetic sounds, as it will make it will engage the audience. While the car is speeding down I added a gunshot sound, then from that point everything was in black and white.

We have finally finshed our film.



No comments:

Post a Comment