Tuesday 16 February 2010

The Conversation (1974)

The Conversation

This film was inspired by the 1970s watershed, vice-presidents would bug the opposition parties, in phones, or their office, so they would know what to expect from the opposition party, and then plan to do something better. It was during the parallax period-period of conspiracy.

I watched this film at home,
it was directed by Francis Ford Coppolais, it is about a surveillance expert named Harry. He can easily record conversations between people, one recorded conversation led three people to die, and he has been living in guilt ever since.

The beginning of this film was intriguing, as there was a point of view shot which followed a mime artist, this made me believe he was the main character, until I saw him following a man, who seemed to be spying on a couple. My favourite part of the scene was when the couple were talking. I could hear what they were saying, there voice was mechanical, and I heard their conversation through the ear piece, of the man who was spying on them. The couple even suspected the man was following them. It seemed very suspicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment